Insurance - Collaborations

Staff who work on collaborations at the request of the University of Glasgow often have concerns regarding insurance cover. The University of Glasgow’s insurers have advised that the general position is as follows–   

  • Where the collaboration is actually a registered company/has a separate legal identity, the University of Glasgow’s insurers would expect that insurance will be provided by the entity itself rather than the University of Glasgow. In these instances staff should check to ensure that the company/entity has the necessary insurance in place.
  • Where the collaboration is "informal", academics etc. are acting for the University of Glasgow and would, therefore, be covered by the University of Glasgow’s insurance policies.
  • Where the collaboration is "informal", academics etc. from partner institutes require to be covered by their own institutes' insurance.
  • If proof of Employer's Liability insurance is required, the most recent Employer's Liability Certificate can be found here: Employer's Liability Certificate.
  • If proof of other insurances is required, please email, with details of what proof is required and the reason for your request.