Motor Insurance

Any enquiries relating to Insurance for the University's own vehicles or for vehicles being hired for the purposes of University business, should be directed to Transport Services in the first instance. 

Students and staff who are using their own personal vehicles on University business (such as research trips or travelling between work places, beyond commuting to/from work) will need to make sure that their car insurance covers business use.  They should contact their own insurers to check this as different insurers take different approaches to this.   

The University has “Occasional Business Use” insurance – this provides cover in the event that you use your personal vehicle for business purposes in the event of an emergency.  This does not cover use of your vehicle for routine work trips.