Specific information for:

General information for students

Information for both MVLS students and postgraduate students can be found in this section.

Information for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Veterinary Students

Current MVLS students attending the University, and prospective students, will find information relating to their Occupational Health in our MVLS students section.

Accessing a National Health Service (NHS) Doctor

Students coming to the University of Glasgow to study should make sure that they are registered with a local National Health Service (NHS) doctor. An effective way to find your local GP is through Scotland’s Health on the web at www.show.scot.nhs.uk. This site allows you to search for your local GP by your postcode.

Counselling & Psychological Services

Counselling & Psychological Services forms one part of the student support network and is generally available to registered students of the University of Glasgow undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.

Access to files from the former University Health Service

University Health Service patient files were moved to Glasgow University Archive Services (GUAS) on 31 July 2009, on the creation of the new Occupational Health Unit, and all records are now held in the University Records Centre (URC). More information about this and how to access your files can be found on the PDF - Access to UHS / OHU records.

Information for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Veterinary/Vet Bioscience Students & Prospective Students

Current, and prospective, MVLS students of the University, will find information relating to their Occupational Health on these pages.