Driving Assessment Information:
- Drivers will not be permitted to drive or hire vehicles using university insurance until they are over 21 years of age and have held their licence for 2 years.
- Before being permitted to drive or hire vehicles using university insurance, staff/students must first pass an in-house driving assessment.
- Candidates who do not pass the initial assessment can re-apply a full calendar month from the date of assessment.
- On the day of assessment, the candidate must bring their driving licence and staff or student ID card.
- All assessments are carried out at Transport Services, 13 Thurso Street, Glasgow, G11 6PE
Staff/PhD students' assessments normally take place on Wednesdays at 10:30am
GUSA and SRC club affiliated students' assessments normally take place on Tuesdays at 1:00pm
Driver Licence Check:
- The University of Glasgow has a legal obligation to ensure that all university drivers have the correct licence and qualifications to drive the class of vehicle they have been allocated. To ensure this, the driving licences of university drivers are checked at least once a year.
- Driving licences are checked by Licence Check Ltd (DAVIS) who act as a hosting and licence check service on the university's behalf. Information on how DAVIS manage your data
- Due to requirements to validate all driving licences, non-UK licence holders are required to exchange their current licence to a UK licence.
Staff/students who have been authorised to drive vehicles using university insurance must immediately notify the
email@example.com of any endorsements.
Failure to notify any changes to your licence will result in removal from the Approved Drivers database.