Advisers of Study

Your Adviser of Studies will be allocated to you when you start at the University, and will be your main contact for academic and pastoral care throughout your studies. You can find details of your Adviser of Studies on MyCampus, and can click their name below to view additional information on them.

Your Adviser will be a member of the University's academic community who is primarily responsible for supporting, advising and helping you, with a view to enhancing your learning experience and professional development. They will oversee and support your progress as a student and should be your first port of call in the event of any difficulties, whether these are related to your academic life or personal concerns.

Your Adviser can either deal with your problems personally or direct you to the most suitable form of assistance. Please let your Adviser know if you experience any health difficulties, family or personal problems, especially if these are likely to affect your attendance at classes or examinations. 

Undergraduate students should make appointments with your Adviser by contacting the Advising officer via:

For Postgraduate appointments, please email:

For specific course-related problems, the first person to see should be the relevant lecturer or convenor.

The Advising Officer will be your first point of contact for any MyCampus enquiries. Contact as above.


Mr Stephen Scholes

Lecturer, Adviser of Study